The Ultimate Burger
When it comes to weeknight meals, burgers are one of our go-to quick and easy cooks. This recipe combines our newest BBQ rub which gives it a little smoky flavor without having to fire up the smoker. Enjoy!
Makes 8 Burgers
1 ¼ pounds ground chuck
1 ¼ pounds ground sirloin
1 tablespoon Ground Pounder All Purpose Garlic Seasoning
1 tablespoon Pop Smoke Memphis Style BBQ Rub
1. Set up grill for direct grilling and preheat to high
2. Mix the chuck and sirloin in a bowl with a wooden spoon (try to avoid mixing the meat with your hands so you don’t warm it)
3. Wet your hands with cold water and divide into 8 equal portions. Shoot for 1/2 inch thick patties. Combine the Ground Pounder and Pop Smoke and season generously both sides
4. When ready to cook, brush and oil the grill grate. Place the burgers on the hot grate. Grill the burgers 3-4 minutes per side for medium-rare (or to your liking). The internal temperature should be at least 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Optional step: take your burger buns and butter each side. Place the butter side down on the hot grate and lightly toast. 1-2 minutes per side. Be careful not to burn them!
6. Serve with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and your favorite toppings
Give it a shot and let us know what you think!
Leave a comment