Looking for a easy and tasty snack to prepare on the smoker?
Look no further! These smoked party nuts are great for any get together or they make for a delicious snack between meals!
The Ingredients (Makes 6 Cups)
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 2 cups raw pecan halves
- 2 cups raw hazelnuts
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons Fire For Effect Sweet Heat Rub (divided)
- Preheat the smoker to 225 degrees
- Smoke using a fruitwood (apple) or nutwood (pecan)
- In a 3 quart tinfoil container, add the almonds, pecans, and hazelnuts
- Smoke for 3 hours, tossing every hour
- Remove the nuts and set aside
- In a small saucepan, heat the butter and 1 tablespoon of the Sweet Heat rub over medium heat
- Once the butter melts, pour the mixture onto the nuts while the nuts are still hot and stir
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of Sweet Heat rub to the mixture and stir
- Serve warm or let cool
- Store in an airtight container for several weeks
That's it! A easy addition to add to a long smoke or make it as a stand alone cook.
Pair it with a nice Brown Ale to bring out the sweet heat flavor!
What's your favorite snack to smoke? Let us know in the comments!
If you enjoyed this article, please share it with your friends!