Smoked & Glazed Chicken Breasts
Smoked chicken is one of our favorite proteins to throw on the smoker because it’s so flavorful. For this recipe, we smoked the chicken breasts at a low temperature for flavor, then finished over direct heat for sear. Adding the sauce at the end allows for some extra flavor and caramelizing.
- 5 large chicken breasts (3 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon All Ration All Purpose BBQ Rub
- 1 tablespoon First Strike Fish & Wild Game Seasoning
- 1 Cup Pogey Bait Sweet Honey Sauce
- MEATER Wireless Probe Thermometer
- Basting Brush
- Tin Foil Drip Pan
The Grill & Fuel
- Weber 22” Kettle Grill
- Kingsford Hickory Charcoal Briquettes
- Apple Wood Chips
- Set the grill up for indirect grilling
- Heat the smoker/grill up to 250 degrees Fahrenheit
- Coat the chicken with the oil. Combine the All Ration & First Strike seasonings and apply to the chicken.
- Place chicken on the smoker and smoke until an internal temperature of 155 degrees F, 45-60 minutes
- Remove the chicken from the smoker and brush on ¾ cup of Pogey Bait Sweet Honey Sauce
- Place chicken back on the smoker directly over the heat, top side down, close the lid and cook for 3-4 minutes
- Remove the chicken from the grill and let sit for 10 minutes. Slice and serve with your favorite sides and beverage
Next week we show you what we did with the left overs!!! Can you say chicken tacos!?!