Burn Pit's Smoked Appetizers!
Forget the Crockpot and fire up the smoker for this recipe!
Quick and Easy to whip up for those pre-party snacks!
Make sure to check out our Smoked Turkey and Dessert recipes too!
With just 5 ingredients, you’ll be done prepping before you can say “Sausage”!
What you need: (Serves 4-6)
- 1 package Little Smokies
- 1/2 cup your favorite BBQ Sauce (or more based on your preference)
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Fire for Effect Sweet Heat Rub
- 1 5x8 inch Tin Foil Tin (or another grill safe dish)
- Wood chips or chunks for smoking (We used Jack Daniels chips for this one!)
1. Stir together the BBQ sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire and Fire for Effect at the bottom of the tin
2. Add little smokies and stir to coat
3. Smoke low and slow at 225 degrees for 2-3 hours or until ready to serve. Stirring every 20 minutes
4. Serve with toothpicks and enjoy!
Smoked Queso Dip
Who doesn’t like a good dip? Try this one out to keep your guests happy while you get the main course ready!
What you need (Serves 8)
- 20oz Velveeta cheese
- 1/2 lb ground beef cooked through (substitute chorizo, ground sausage or venison for a unique flavor!)
- 1 Tomato diced
- 1/2 Onion diced
- 1/2 Green Pepper diced
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons of Fire In The Hole Rub
1. Brown the ground beef on the stove top – spoon into a corner of a disposable aluminum pan
2. Add cheese, tomato, onion, green pepper, cream cheese and Fire In The Hole
3. Place on your grill or smoker at 250 degrees for a minimum of 45 mins (up to 2 hours)
4. Serve warm with your favorite tortilla chips!
Leave a comment