How To Grill A T-Bone Steak
The T-bone is cut from the short loin subprimal from the front portion of the larger loin primal. The short loin is home to the most tender and popular cuts of steak.
This recipe is hot and fast! Give it a try and let us know what you think!
The Grill - 22” Weber Kettle
The Fuel - Kingsford Mesquite Briquettes
The Tools - Grill Grate grates, instant read thermometer
- 3 1-½ inch thick T-bone steaks (avoid anything labeled “thin-cut”)
- Coarse sea salt and black pepper
- Set the grill up for direct grilling and make sure the coals are in an even layer
- Preheat the grill to high (approx. 450 degrees)
- When ready to cook, generously season the steak with salt and pepper (we also like to add a little garlic Ground Pounder!)
- Oil the grill grates with a piece of steak fat or olive oil before placing the steak on the grill
- Arrange the steak on the hot grill grates at a 45 degree angle, sear for about 3-5 minutes per side - rotate the steak about halfway through on each side to create crosshatch grill marks!
Let us know what you think!