Fire up the grill and get ready to savor a burst of flavors with our delectable recipe for Spicy Grilled Shrimp Skewers! These succulent shrimp are marinated in a zesty blend of garlic, lemon, and spices, creating a tantalizing combination that will leave your taste buds dancing with delight. Perfect for summer gatherings, barbecues, or simply a delightful weeknight meal, these grilled shrimp skewers are quick and easy to prepare. Give it a try and let us know what you think!
Grilled Shrimp Skewers Recipe:
- 1 pound large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined (tails on or off, depending on preference)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (adjust to your spice preference)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Wooden or metal skewers (if using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes before grilling to prevent burning)
Optional for serving:
- Lemon wedges
- Fresh parsley or cilantro, chopped
1. Prepare the shrimp: Rinse the shrimp under cold water and pat them dry with paper towels. If using wooden skewers, soak them in water as mentioned above.
2. Marinate the shrimp: In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, minced garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper. Mix well to create the marinade. Add the shrimp to the bowl and toss them to coat evenly with the marinade. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to infuse.
3. Preheat the grill: Preheat your grill to medium-high heat (around 375°F to 400°F or 190°C to 205°C).
4. Assemble the skewers: Thread the marinated shrimp onto the skewers, being careful not to overcrowd them. Leave a little space between each shrimp to ensure even cooking.
5. Grill the shrimp skewers: Place the skewers on the preheated grill and cook for about 2-3 minutes per side, or until the shrimp turn pink and opaque. Avoid overcooking the shrimp, as they can become tough and rubbery.
6. Serve and garnish: Once the shrimp skewers are done, remove them from the grill and transfer to a serving platter. If desired, garnish with chopped fresh parsley or cilantro and serve with lemon wedges on the side for an extra burst of flavor.
7. Enjoy: These grilled shrimp skewers are best served hot and make for a delicious appetizer or main course. You can also serve them with a side salad or some grilled vegetables for a complete and satisfying meal.
Note: Feel free to adjust the seasonings and spice levels according to your taste preferences. You can also add some chopped vegetables like bell peppers or onions between the shrimp on the skewers for added variety. Enjoy your delicious and succulent grilled shrimp skewers!