Indulge your taste buds with a breakfast that's a true delight for both young and old alike. Our "Griddled Delight: Peanut Butter and Jelly Stuffed French Toast" is a mouthwatering twist on the classic PB&J sandwich. Imagine the rich, creamy allure of peanut butter and the sweet, fruity charm of jelly, all lovingly embraced by golden, crispy French toast. This irresistible recipe takes your breakfast game to the next level, offering a perfect balance of flavors and textures that will have you craving it again and again. So, let's heat up that griddle and embark on a culinary journey that turns ordinary mornings into extraordinary ones.
Peanut Butter and Jelly French Toast on the Griddle
For the French Toast:
- 8 slices of thick-cut bread (such as brioche or challah)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Butter or cooking spray for griddling
For the Filling:
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (smooth or crunchy, your choice)
- 1/2 cup your favorite fruit jelly or jam (strawberry, grape, or raspberry work well)
For Topping (Optional):
- Powdered sugar
- Fresh berries
- Maple syrup
1. Preheat your griddle or a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
2. In a shallow dish, whisk together the eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla extract, ground cinnamon, and a pinch of salt until well combined. This will be your French toast batter.
3. Take two slices of bread and spread a generous layer of peanut butter on one slice and fruit jelly on the other. Place the two slices of bread together to make a sandwich. Repeat this for all your bread slices to create peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
4. Carefully dip each peanut butter and jelly sandwich into the French toast batter, making sure both sides are well-coated. Allow any excess batter to drip off.
5. Grease the griddle with butter or cooking spray. Place the battered sandwiches on the griddle and cook until they're golden brown on both sides, about 3-4 minutes per side. You want the sandwiches to be crispy and the insides to be warm and gooey.
6. Once cooked, remove the French toast sandwiches from the griddle and place them on a plate.
7. If desired, sprinkle with powdered sugar and top with fresh berries. Drizzle with maple syrup for an extra touch of sweetness.
8. Serve your Peanut Butter and Jelly French Toast hot and enjoy!
Feel free to customize this recipe by adding sliced bananas or a dollop of whipped cream for extra indulgence. It's a perfect breakfast treat for those who love the classic combination of peanut butter and jelly.