This smoked meatloaf recipe is one of our favorites.
Even the beginner can’t go wrong with this one!
The family will love it!
Meatloaf (Serves 5-6):
- 1 Cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 Cup milk
- 2 Tablespoon onion, chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoons Fire For Effect Sweet Heat Rub
- 2 Teaspoon salt
- 2 egg, beaten
- 2 Pound organic ground beef
- 1/4 Pound ground Johnsonville Sweet Italian Ground Sausage
- ¾ Cup Q.R.F Pitmaster Bold Sauce
- ¼ Cup Apple Juice
The Grill & Fuel:
- Heat the smoker up to 225 degrees Fahrenheit
- Combine breadcrumbs, milk, onion, Fire For Effect and salt.
- Add beaten eggs.
- Add both ground beef and ground sausage, mix well.
- Form mixture into a loaf, packing tightly.
- Place the meatloaf on a wire rack and on the grill grates when ready
- Cook for approximately 2 hours, or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F.
- Add additional coal and maple wood every hour to keep the temperature at 225
- For the last 20 minutes of cooking, glaze the meatloaf with the Q.R.F. and apple juice mixture
- Once the meatloaf reaches 160, take it off the smoker and let it rest for 10 minutes
- Slice and serve!