It's chili season! This classic chili is perfect for any night of the week and can be made in under an hour! It's comforting, satisfying, and loaded with all natural ingredients! Try it out and let us know what you think!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium red onion diced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 ½ tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons Ground Pounder Garlic Seasoning
- 2 tablespoon Fire in the Hole Spicy All Purpose Seasoning
- 1 ½ cups beef broth
- 1 (15oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (16oz) can red kidney beans
- 1 (8oz) can tomato sauce
- Optional - 1/2 can great northern beans
Add the olive oil to a large pot and place it over medium-high heat for two minutes. Add the onion. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the ground beef to the pot. Break it apart with a wooden spoon. Cook for 6-7 minutes, until the beef is browned, stirring occasionally.
Add the chili powder, cumin, sugar, tomato paste, Ground Pounder and Fire In The Hole.. Stir until well combined.
Add the broth, diced tomatoes (with their juice), drained beans, and tomato sauce. Stir well.
Bring the liquid to a low boil. Then, reduce the heat (low to medium-low) to gently simmer the chili, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Remove the pot from the heat. Let the chili rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- sliced green onions
- saltine crackers or oyster crackers
Add some smoky flavor by smoking the vegetables and beans for about 10 minutes before putting them in the pot!
Give it a try and let us know what you think!