All Purpose Barbecue Sauce
You can't beat the basics! This simple, yet effective barbecue sauce will never let you down. Put it on chicken, pork, or anything you want to give a little extra flavor to!
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 2 tablespoons of mustard
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon of your favorite barbecue rub (Try this with Sweet Heat!)
- 2 tablespoons of liquid smoke
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Combine all ingredients in a nonreactive saucepan and slowly bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and let simmer until the sauce is dark & thick. About 10-15 minutes. Transfer to a clean jar and store in the refrigerator. The sauce will keep for several months.
If you enjoyed this post or found it helpful, we’d be very grateful if you’d help it spread by emailing it to a friend or sharing it on Twitter or Facebook. Thank you!
Leave a comment